ACR Can Help!
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY
Water damage can take various forms: a leak in your hot water heater, a break in the water main in front of your house, which turns your garden into a pond, or the sewer backs up in your basement.
The longer you wait to get water damage services, the more expensive repairs can be later. Call ACR now!
- Water damage can be deceptive…
Water penetrates structural cavities creating trapped pockets of saturation. The detection of water in these areas can often only be discovered with sophisticated moisture detection meters. Undetected moisture will continue to cause damage… causing odors to materials delaminating, shrinking, splitting and further deteriorate to where costly repairs are required.If not promptly and properly dealt with, water damage can cause major business interruption, financial burdens and potential health risks.
- When water damage strikes, call the experts!
No one wants to deal with the stress of having water damage in their home or business. They also don’t want to deal with the stress of the repairs needed. It is important to choose the best when it comes to flood and water damage services. Alberta Catastrophe Restorations Inc. not only responds to calls 24/7, but we will make sure that we provide the best water damage remediation possible.
- What does a water restoration company do?
We understand that there are many causes for flood damage. including: - Leaking pipes - Sump pump failures - Sewage backup - Roof leaks ... the list goes on.The restoration process is very scientific. To determine if your property can be restored or must be replaced, we evaluate based on three criteria:
1. Amount of Property Damage
2. Degree of Contamination
3. Replacement Costs vs. Restoration Costs
The longer you wait to get water damage services, the more expensive repairs can be later. Water can easily soak into your subfloor and “wick-up” into the drywall. This can only be seen by moisture meters and infrared cameras that our water damage repair experts have been trained to use. Our specialized equipment and scientific knowledge will help us accurately and quickly dry water-damaged areas of your home.
Dealing with a home or business fire, no matter how small, is a horrible experience. The experts at Alberta Catastrophe Restorations Inc. are here to make the fire damage restoration process easier for you. When you come to us, we will get back to you within 30 minutes, and be on-site in less than four hours.
When fire attacks, get help from the experts! Call ACR now!
- Fire and Smoke damage can be a traumatizing event…
Whether you are a homeowner or a commercial entity, a fire can be a devastating event. Fire can cause the loss of family treasures, your home, or your ability to do business. It can also take a tremendous emotional toll.
We care about the safety of you and your family, and we have to expertise to get you back in your home or business as soon as possible.
Fire and smoke damage can be devastating to personal property and structures. Quick action is the only way to minimize the destruction. Immediately after a fire, soot residue settles onto the property. Within hours all surfaces begin to suffer from fire and smoke damage. If left untreated, within weeks the restoration process will take longer and cost more.
- What to do after fire and smoke damage has happened?
Restoration costs increase and damage escalate when the cleaning process is extended, so once you have received approval from the Fire Department to re-enter your home, call ACR! And remember, safety comes first.
Following a fire, you often must move out of your home while the repairs are taking place.
Depending on the severity of your loss, fire restoration can be a very complicated procedure, which should only be handled by a qualified restoration contractor.
- What does a fire and smoke restoration company do?
We will work promptly to control the situation, assemble the necessary resources and begin restoring your home or business to its pre-loss state. We offer the following fire and smoke damage services:
- Complete appraisal of the fire and smoke damage, identifying all affected materials and the source of any odors
- Complete cleanup, including clearing out all toxic chemical residue
- Removal of all odors
- Help with the insurance claim process
Every situation is unique. Our team members have the training, experience, and compassion needed to evaluate and address your damage. They also have the technical knowledge and state-of-the-art equipment to clean, disinfect and recover fire-damaged furniture, electronics, clothing, photos, documents and other damaged items.
Mother Nature always has a few surprises in store for us no matter the season. Some winters, for example, she may decide to send us several centimeters of snow … or freezing rain. Some springs, the snow melt in the mountains raise the water level in the rivers beyond their banks... or the thunderstorms play havoc with our homes.
During an emergency --- Follow these Steps:
- Make sure you are safe before assisting others.
- Follow your Emergency Plan.
- Get your Emergency Kit.
- Monitor radio, television and online for information from authorities. Follow their instructions.
- Stay put until it is safe or you are ordered to evacuate.
- Limit phone calls to urgent messages only. Keep the lines free for emergency responders.
- Mother Nature can be unpredictable yet amazing…
Canada is exposed to a wide variety of climatic hazards, including windstorms, tornadoes, floods, hailstorms, and ice storms, as well as the geological hazards of earthquakes and related fires.
Disasters can happen without warning, damaging your home or business and turning your life upside-down. The good news is that prompt action after fire, storms, vandalism or water damage to your home or office can minimize long-term damage. In such emergencies, the first steps you take could mean the difference between a small cleanup and a more costly and time-consuming restoration.
- Professional Wind and Storm Damage Cleanup Services
As a company based in Canada, we’ve seen how various types of severe weather can devastate homes. If your house has experienced storm damage, Alberta Catastrophe Restorations Inc. is the best storm damage restoration company to rely on, no matter what the storm damage scenario is.
At ACR, we proudly provide a wide variety of storm and wind damage restoration services, including, but are not limited to:
Emergency board up
Complete reconstruction services
Assistance with claims process
We provide cleanup and restoration for several types of storm damage, including: - Lightning - Leaking roof due to heavy rain - Tornado damage
ACR’s storm damage cleanup team is ready to respond at any time, to any storm damage scenario. Our Team utilize their training and experience to help get your home back to normal as soon as possible.
When it comes to restoration, commercial and residential properties have different needs. However, fire or water damage can devastate both. As a business owner, you know that every day away from work costs thousands of dollars in revenue. As a home owner, you want to return your possessions and daily comforts back to normal.
From rebuilding a family’s house destroyed by a fire to cleaning an overwhelming sewage back-up, Alberta Catastrophe Restoration takes pride in returning property back to pre-loss condition, ensuring owners are completely satisfied with the completed work. Whatever the severity, you would most likely find yourself in unfamiliar territory... let ACR take care of it…
- What Now? --- The Emergency Phase – Emergency Remediation and Stabilization
Whether the damage is from water or floods, fire or smoke, weather havoc, mould, vandalism or catastrophic loss, it is critical that you act quickly to get your situation stabilized in order to prevent further damage to the home and property.
What now? … this is often the first question that pops to mind when you are confronted with unexpected damage to your home and/or property. You need to make two phone calls:
Your insurance agent/broker – to start the claim process
Alberta Catastrophe Restorations – to start the recovery and restoration process
- What Happens Next? --- The Estimate Phase – Listing of Repairs and Preparing an Estimate
Once the situation has been stabilized, Alberta Catastrophe Restoration begins the process of evaluating the damage to determine what repairs are needed. We prepare a detailed scope of the work that will be required to restore your home to its pre-loss state and determine the cost of the work. We can communicate directly with your insurance agent regarding your claim.
We will also examine your home’s contents. They are categorized into three groups: A - Unaffected, B - Restorable, and C - Non-restorable
We will work to make your precious belongings like new. Items that are non-restorable are listed for you so that you can work with your insurance company for replacement.
- Final Step --- The Repair Phase --- Repairing your home/business and restoring your belongings to their pre-loss state
With continual communication with your insurance company and their authorization for the work to be completed, Alberta Catastrophe Restoration gets busy repairing your home or business and restoring your belongings. Once complete, everything will be returned to its pre-loss state.
We work closely with insurance companies and adjusters to expedite claims, especially in time-critical environments.
Our goal is to fully restore property value, control costs, limit business interruption and return “home sweet homes” to their families.
Repair Phase involves: Scope of Work, Changes and Upgrades, Scheduling, Insurance coordination and many other fine details… speak to an ACR team member today.
Am I covered? When can I start to rebuild? In the wake of a disaster, there are many questions to consider.
Life comes with risk. A massive rainstorm can lead to your basement flooding. Your business might be damaged by vandalism. – Thankfully, insurance can give you peace of mind. Rest easier and know what’s covered, and call Alberta Catastrophe Restoration to help you through the process.
- 7 Things to Know About a Property Claim:
1. Call your insurance representative as soon as possible. Most companies have 24-hour claims service.
2. Details are critical. Provide as much information as possible about the circumstances and damage. Take photographs if it is safe to do so.
3. If your home is unfit to live in, ask your insurer about the expenses you may be entitled to, and for how long. Keep all receipts and invoices for additional living expenses after your loss.
4. A claims specialist or adjuster (who is paid by your insurance company) will contact you to investigate the circumstance of the loss, examine documentation and explain the next steps. He or she also:
- a. Determines the facts related to the claim and the extent of what is covered by your insurance policy.
- b. Attempts to reach an agreement with any other people involved about the amount of their loss and extent of their responsibility.
5. Your insurance company will ask you to complete and return a proof of loss form after the incident. If any of the statements you make on the form are untrue, your insurance and claim may be voided. This form lists the property and/or items that were damaged or lost, and their estimated value or cost. On the form, you will be asked to:
- a. Make a complete list of all damaged, destroyed or stolen items. Attach proofs of purchase, receipts, police reports, owner’s manuals and warranty, if possible.
- b. Attach photos of damaged items. Keep damaged items unless they are dangerous or a health hazard. A current home inventory can help if you experience a loss.
- c. Sign and swear that the statements you make in the proof of loss are true.
6. Review your policy and become familiar with specified deductibles, coverage limits and replacement values.
- a. If you make a claim, the amount you receive will depend on the type of coverage you bought.
- b. Insurance companies have three options for your damaged or stolen items:
- Repair - Replace - Reimburse.
- c. Your policy requires that you take all necessary steps to limit further damage.
7. As the home or business owner, it is your choice of who to hire to do repairs, discuss the costs with your insurance company. Make sure the contractor or supplier respects the price and specifications that you and your insurer agree on.
You are our customer and your insurance company pays for repairs on your behalf. As the contractor, we are responsible to you for all of the work and scheduling of repairs. If there are problems or questions once the work commences, please give us a call.
Our goal is to keep you informed throughout the entire process. Let your representative know your preferred method of communication and we will comply.
Alberta Catastrophe Restoration Services offers complete restoration services for the Insurance industry.
Our Lethbridge Southern Alberta services include:
- Property Management – Remediation & Restoration
- 24 Hour Emergency Services
- Fire and Smoke Restoration
- Sewage Remediation
- Odour Control
- Trauma Scene Clean Up
- Asbestos Abatement
- Impact Damages (vehicle, hail, trees, storm, etc.)
- Mould Remediation
- Media Blasting
- Break and Entry Emergency Services
- Content Restoration
- Structural Drying
- Thermal Imaging
- Tree Removal
- Water Damage Restoration
- Wind Related Damages
- Serving Lethbridge and Southern Alberta Area.